The Minuteman is a minimally invasive, interlaminar fusion device intended for the temporary fixation of the thoracic, lumbar and sacral spine while awaiting bony fusion to occur. It is designed for attachment to the posterior non-cervical spine at the spinous processes through its bilateral locking plates, and it is intended for use with bone graft material placed within the device. The Minuteman provides immobilization and stabilization of the spinal segments while used as an adjunct to interbody fusion. The core threaded post allows for optimal placement and a wide range of sizes allows for enhanced anatomical fit. The Minuteman is delivered sterile and individually packed. *See instructions for full prescribing information.
Features and Benefits
- Minimally invasive alternative to traditional pedicle screws and other spinous process plates.
- Low Profile with 12mm removable portion of the implant body
- Lateral MIS approach eliminates the lateral dissection of the healthy tissue (neural monitoring is not required).
- Safer zone Lateral MIS approach is above the facet joints, avoiding the neural and vascular structures.
- Ligament preservation of the supraspinous ligament helps maintain stabilization of the spine.
- 5 anatomical sizes (8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 14mm, and 16mm) to accommodate variations in patient anatomy.
- Threaded body allows the implant to thread between the spinous processes in a controlled fashion.
- Large graft window allows easy placement of bone graft material to facilitate a posterior fusion.
- Reversible Auto-Lock technology enables the device to variably tighten without compromising fixation.
- Sterile packed to promote patient safety and compliance at hospitals.
Indications for use
The HA Minuteman G3-R MIS Fusion Plate is a posterior, non-pedicle supplemental fixation device, intended
for use at a single level in the non-cervical spine (T1-S1). It is intended for plate fixation/attachment to spinous
processes for the purpose of achieving supplemental fusion in the following conditions:
- Degenerative disc disease (DDD) (defined as back pain of discogenic origin with degeneration of the disc confirmed by history and radiographic studies)
- Trauma (i.e., fracture or dislocation); and/or
The HA Minuteman G3-R MIS Fusion Plate is intended for use with bone graft material and is not intended for
stand-alone use. The HA Minuteman G3-R MIS Fusion Plate may be implanted via a minimally invasive lateral